A family-centred service, Heathmont Bilingual Montessori Early Learning (HBMEL) is registered for Child Care subsidy and state Kindergarten funding. We offer an integrated 3 & 4 year old program within a long day care model. We specialise in Bilingual Montessori education , and offer specialist classes, incursions and excursions at no additional cost to our families. We offer a range of events and ensure we book multiple experiences, offered on different days of the week to allow each child to participate in extra curricular activities each term, as well as throughout the year.
We cater for children between the ages of 2.5 years and 6 years :
- 2.5 Year old Early Starters Program (in 2024! )
- 3 Year Old Kindergarten
- 4 Year Old Kindergarten
- Primary school Prep Program (conditions apply)
After completing our full Cycle 1 program ( 3yo, 4yo & prep program), children will be eligible for Cycle 2 at Mitcham Primary School.
A long-standing community Kindergarten with a colourful history of over 60 years, our kindergarten continues to service our community, making Bilingual Montessori education accessible to all. George Browning, a war artist donated his paintings to our preschool in 1952. His mural paintings are still very well preserved in our kindergarten for our community to appreciate. In 2020, Heathmont preschool & Kindergarten transferred ownership and continues to be managed by a passionate, Montessori-qualified teacher/owner, registered with the Victorian Institute of Teaching.In 2023, Heathmont Kindergarten became “Heathmont Bilingual Montessori Early Learning”
Additional Location: View the listing for Croydon here.
Heathmont BMEL is Engaged in the Genuine Montessori Pathway.
Rather than an accreditation program, the Genuine Montessori Pathway (GMP) has been designed to guide schools and centres through a process of self-study, reflection, planning and ongoing assessment.
The goals of the GMP are to:
- Improve genuine Montessori practices in schools and centres.
- Support the whole organisation to engage in reflection and enhance Montessori practice.
- Strengthen teamwork.
- Improve the way schools and centres allocate their resources.
- Support schools and centres to engage in strategic planning.
- Ensure that each participating school or centre’s purpose statement will be evident in all aspects of its work.
Click here to find out more about the GMP.