Website Blue Gum Montessori School Inc
Blue Gum Montessori School (BGMS) is an independent school offering curriculum based on the Montessori philosophy for students from Lower to Upper Primary. The school is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions relating to staff in a consultative and inclusive manner.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the growth of an amazing learning environment. We are looking for a teacher that will bring their inspiration and passion to the role as a Montessori trained Primary Teacher.
Purpose and Professional Practice:
To deliver a Montessori primary education program which complies with relevant regulations, quality standards and codes of practice. Work closely with Blue Gum Montessori staff and parents and collaborate with other service providers and the community to maximise outcomes for children.
You will operate the program in accordance with the vision and mission statement and philosophy of Blue Gum Montessori School, and uphold the values of the School, the Code of Ethics and responsibilities under children protection legislation and protocols, the impacts of abuse and protective interventions on the care and education of children. School Code of Conduct, Staff Handbook
· Program development and delivery
· Documentation and communication with families
· Collaboration with families and community
· Leadership, staff management, support, and teamwork
· Reporting and communicating with the Principal
· Perform other duties as directed or as negotiated with the Principal.
· Teaching qualification, and current Full, TRBWA registration.
· Montessori teaching qualification (MWEI or AMI)
· Current WCC (Working With Children Check)
· Be conversant with the Montessori National Curriculum and the Western Australian Curriculum and Assessment Outline.
· Demonstrate the National Professional Standards for Teachers.
· Exceptional IT, written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Current certification in First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma.
· Mandatory Reporting training completed within the last 24 months at date of employment.
This is a full-time position, working Monday to Friday, between 8am and 3.30pm commencing Term 1, 2022 on a 12-month contract with a view to ongoing. Please contact Dana Sillence on Dana.Sillence@bgms.wa.edu.au to obtain a copy of the Position Description and to discuss your application further.
Blue Gum Montessori School takes child protection seriously. All candidates for roles at Blue Gum Montessori School are subject to screen and assessment against child safety standards as part of our thorough recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to Dana.Sillence@bgms.wa.edu.au.