Website Canberra Montessori School
Teaching, Learning, Assessment and Reporting
• Develop a stimulating, inclusive and prepared environment
• Actively adhere to Montessori practices and guidelines for curriculum delivery
• Use and demonstrate a variety of relevant and appropriate assessment and evaluation techniques to regularly assess student progress.
• Participate in the maintenance and development of teaching resources and learning materials
• Provide regular, timely and positive feedback to each student on their progress
• Manage Classroom Assistant by delivering clear instruction and direction at all times
• Allocate time to meet with Classroom Assistant to facilitate mentoring and training as necessary
• Be available to attend parent/teacher interviews; records of interviews kept and effective follow up procedures established
• Participate in and demonstrate professional learning to increase professional knowledge and strengthen teaching effectiveness and improve student outcomes.
• Actively participate in staff meetings while developing and maintaining professional partnerships with colleagues.
Welfare of Students including Diversity Support
• Implement pastoral care practices in order to ensure each student’s needs are effectively and efficiently met
• Develop strategies to ensure educational opportunity for the fostering of multicultural, indigenous and social awareness
• Ensure social inclusion principles are upheld
• Review and monitor all Individualised Education Plans (IEP’s) at the beginning and throughout each school term
• Implement procedures in relation to daily data management of student attendance
• Implement procedures associated with behaviour management record keeping
• Support and comply with policies and procedures associated with Student Welfare
• Manage students in relation to allergies and/or other medical or psychological conditions
• Maintain positive and cohesive working relationships with staff and school community
General Processes and Procedures
• Monitor compliance with all educational and reporting requirements relevant to role
• Punctually attend all classes, duties and meetings as designated
• Complete administrative tasks accurately and in a timely manner, including individualised record keeping
• Ensure accurate and comprehensive student files, records and data are kept
• Contribute to school data management systems designed to guarantee the integrity of data, and comprehensive student information
• Contribute to staff discussions on pedagogy and learning as a full member of the group
• Ensure the appropriate storage and security of documents to maintain student confidentiality
• Track student progress (data collation and evidence management)
• Support and comply with relevant legislative/regulatory requirements such as Workplace Health and Safety, Equal Opportunity, Discrimination, Harassment and Privacy
• Attend and contribute to school presentation events, Open Days, co-curricular activities and professional development activities.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a copy of your resume.
Original Montessori and Teaching Diplomas will need to be sighted.
Eligibility for ACT Teacher Quality Institute Registration essential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.