IBDP Coordinator – Years 11 & 12
Website Elonera Montessori School
- 0.8 to 1.0 IB Coordinator, Years 11 & 12 and 7-12 Teacher
Elonera Montessori School is offering high quality education for children and young people from 12 months to 18 years. We offer Montessori education for the early years and for K – Year 6. For the middle / high school, we offer a Montessori Adolescence program, and for Years 11 & 12 we offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
Elonera Montessori School is seeking a competent, dynamic & relational specialist to work within a dedicated and experienced IB World School as Year 11/12 Program Coordinator. Commencement for this position is Term 2 2021, however an earlier start (Term 1) could be negotiated. The position is for one year (2021) initially, with the opportunity renew further.
The IB Coordinator is a key pedagogical leader position at Elonera and is responsible for the coordination, implementation and development of the IB Program in Grades 11 & 12. The IBDP Coordinator is responsible for the implementation of the IB programme, inclusive of all administerial duties, and is the direct point of contact for matters pertaining to the IB. The successful applicant is expected to maintain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the IBDP Programme and actively endorse and promote the principles that underpin it. Additionally, the IB Coordinator will be expected to provide positive, and highly competent leadership that builds and sustains a healthy IBDP culture amongst all the Secondary faculty. To ensure a 4 to 5-day load, the incumbent is expected to teach across a range of subjects, both in the IB and high school; hence teaching experience in other subjects is essential and subjects may be negotiated based on expertise and experience of candidates. Specialisation in the Creative Arts (Music, Drama, Dance) would be welcome as well.
The successful applicant will need to meet the following criteria:
- Passionate and experienced teacher 7 -12 (particularly Years 11 & 12)
- Experience working with and guiding Year 11 & 12 students and staff
- Previous experience in a school leadership role (desired).
- Oversight of curriculum and learning during Grades 11 & 12 with a particular focus on the academic and holistic successes and progress of individual students.
- Responsibility for the administrative aspects of the IBDP, including curriculum documentation, IB focus events, and any internal and external assessments.
- Have a thorough understanding of program requirements and curriculum planning for students in years 11 & 12 (including those with learning enrichment needs)
- Experience in keeping up to date with curriculum requirements across all Key Learning Areas (KLAs)
- Experience using student admin systems recommended
- Experience using OneNote recommended
- Experience with the NESA and IB Curriculums
- Possess highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to guide teachers and students toward continuous improvement
- Show a proven ability to effectively engage and motivate students
- Empower teachers to facilitate authentic learning experiences that extend beyond individual subject content
- Promote international mindedness
- Possess a strong work ethic, striving for continuous improvement and the achievement of high standards
- A passionate professional who can form strong relationships with students, teachers and the wider community
- Possess general IT skills (eg. Win 10, Office 365, Learning Management System)
- Respectful and supportive of the specific School ethos and educational philosophy, and commitment to the Elonera Montessori community
IB Coordinator Specific Role:
- Creating and reviewing the school’s IB action plan
- Allocating resources and establishing priorities
- Allocating and leading meeting time for planning, timetabling or scheduling
- Orientating and training/mentoring new teachers
- Assessing professional development needs
- Providing individual teacher support
- Reviewing the curriculum, and curriculum documentation and development in the school
- Planning for the personal project, including the allocation of supervisors
- Preparing for regular programme evaluation
- A commitment to, and belief in, the IB mission and learner profile.
- Willingness to lead through collaboration, and develop a coherent team approach to the implementation and delivery of the IBDP
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills
- High quality communication skills (both written and verbal), and well-developed interpersonal capabilities
- Diligent, hardworking, and prepared to lead by example
- Flexible, adaptable, and creative
- Hold a current Working with Children Check
How to Apply:
Applications must include a cover letter, resume and three current referees and be directed to:
Ms Sabine Adigun – Principal
Applications close: 23rd October 2020
Elonera Montessori School
21 Mount Ousley road, Mound Ousley, NSW 2519
Phone: (02) 4225 1000
Download this Position Description
To apply for this job please visit eloneramontessori.com.au.