Website Margaret River Montessori School
Inclusive Education Teacher – starting at FTE 0.4 (ages 3-18) can be across more than 2 days with possibility for more
We are seeking applications from dynamic, high quality part-time teachers to be part of our staff team.
Our School is situated in beautiful Margaret River, an easy 3 hrs drive from Perth and close to the river, ocean and forest. We have purpose built classrooms, stunning natural wetlands on the property, a highly trained and experienced staff and a very supportive parent body.
Join MRMS as a staff member and you will be part of all that goes into providing our students with a high quality, innovative Montessori education to inspire independence, confidence and the joy of learning for life. As well we focus on protecting and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people. All staff, volunteers and visitors are expected to share commitment to these, and our Vision and Mission.
– Teaching qualification, current TRBWA registration, current WWCC (Working With Children Check), current certification in First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma, Mandatory Reporting training completed within the last year at date of employment.
– Montessori teaching qualification/experience or willingness to undertake training for a Montessori qualification once position is on-going. Be conversant with the Montessori National Curriculum and the Western Australian Curriculum and Assessment Outline, including ABLEWA.
– Demonstrated knowledge about and experience with effective teaching strategies for a range of disabilities, conditions, specific learning difficulties and neurodiversities.
– Demonstrated ability to plan and deliver curricula for students not accessing their age-related curriculum.
– A focus on using assessment and observation to continuously analyse and target individual student needs.
– Willingness and ability to collaborate effectively with parents and allied health providers.
– Desire to design and enact positive and meaningful future pathways for their students.
– Demonstrate the National Professional Standards for Teachers.
– Exceptional IT, written and interpersonal communication skills.
– Inspiration to enact our School’s Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
We are looking for someone who ideally …
– Has experience in managing a multi-aged class group and developing lessons and activities accordingly.
– Has experience in a Montessori educational environment and detailed knowledge of Montessori philosophy. – Develops safe, positive and productive learning experiences where all students are encouraged to participate to their greatest potential.
– Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail and organisation in regards to curriculum programming, lesson planning, assessment and monitoring of individual student progress, feeding back and reporting effectively on this to students and parents.
– Demonstrates dedication to looking after the wellbeing of students and their families and operates with empathy and diplomacy.
– Has a strong work ethic and is dedicated to continuous improvement for themselves and for their students.
– Evaluates their teaching practice reflectively. This includes classroom observations by, and in collaboration with, colleagues and parents.
Please provide your CV with the names of two professional referees and a covering letter addressing the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Monday 20th Nov 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.