Website Margaret River Montessori School
Margaret River Montessori School
Senior Secondary Maths and/or Science Teacher – FTE 0.2 with possibility for growth
MRMS has opened a new high school in 2023. We are now seeking applications from dynamic Teachers to join our committed team as we grow towards offering Year 11 and 12 and move onto our new property.
Our school is currently situated in Clarke Road Margaret River with stunning natural wetlands on the property. From 2025 our high school years will move onto a picturesque 102 acre farm property in Metricup. We have highly trained and experienced administration and education staff and a very supportive parent body. Join MRMS as a staff member and you will be part of all that goes into providing our students with a high quality, innovative Montessori education to inspire independence, confidence and the joy of learning for life.
As well we focus on protecting and promoting the safety, welfare and wellbeing of children and young people. All staff, volunteers and visitors are expected to share commitment to these, and our Vision and Mission. All recruitment practices include background checks to ensure the ongoing safety of our community.
– Teaching qualification in Senior Secondary Maths and/or Science, and current TRBWA registration.
– Montessori teaching qualification/experience or willingness to undertake training for a Montessori qualification once position is on-going.
– Experience teaching in high schools, and willingness/skills to teach across a range of subjects, including lower secondary.
– Current WWCC (Working With Children Check).
– Be conversant with the Montessori National Curriculum and the Western Australian Curriculum and Assessment Outline.
– Demonstrate the National Professional Standards for Teachers.
– Exceptional IT, written and interpersonal communication skills.
– Current certification in First Aid, Anaphylaxis and Asthma.
– Mandatory Reporting training completed within the last year at date of employment.
Tell us you’re the right person for this role by explaining to us how you…
– Have a detailed knowledge of and experience with the unique needs and tendencies of the different phases of adolescence and find joy and inspiration from working with these age groups.
– Are an out of the box thinker, flexible and agile, and able to engage your students by linking learning to the real world, including through field work and connections with local community and industry experts.
– Can take our students right through to Year 12 and beyond with knowledge of options for varied tertiary and vocational pathways.
– May have experience in managing a multi-aged classroom and developing lessons and materials accordingly.
– May have experience in a Montessori educational environment and detailed knowledge of Montessori philosophy.
– May have experience with Big Picture Education and the IBPLC.
– Operate from a strengths based perspective to develop safe, positive and productive learning experiences where all students are encouraged to participate and enjoy learning.
– Evaluate your teaching practice reflectively. This includes classroom observations by, and in collaboration with, colleagues and parents.
– Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and organisation with regard to curriculum programming, lesson planning, assessment and monitoring of individual student progress, feeding back and reporting effectively on this to students and parents.
– Demonstrate dedication to looking after the wellbeing of students and their families and operate with empathy and diplomacy.
– Have a strong work ethic and are dedicated to continuous improvement for yourself and for your students.
Please provide a covering letter addressing ALL OF THE ABOVE criteria and your CV with the names of 2 professional referees to email@example.com by 4pm Tues 21st Nov 2023.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.