Website Montessori East Primary & Pre School
Montessori East is seeking candidates for the position of Primary School Classroom Assistant/Teacher’s Aide. This is an opportunity for a talented individual who loves education and would like to work with children. A teaching degree is not essential, however an alignment with Montessori principles and our school values is important.
Montessori East is a well-established school for children between the ages of 3 and 12 conveniently located in the heart of Sydney’s eastern suburbs (Bondi). We also offer a parent and child program from children aged 0-3 years. We fully embrace the well-proven principles and methodology of Montessori education using standards congruent with AMI.
All teaching staff are AMI trained and form a dynamic team of outstanding educators. The school has ambitious growth and development plans to establish a broader scope of service to the community. Our school enjoys a wonderfully supportive parent community providing an ideal education environment for our staff and students.
Visit our website to learn more about our school.
We are looking for a person with:
Your role would be to support the classroom teacher in our Stage 3 mixed aged classroom of children aged 9-12 years and you will also play an active role in the school community. Duties will include providing assistance to individual students to access and engage with classroom activities and routines.
The ideal candidate will;
- Ideally have relevant experience in a similar role or that can be applied
- A Montessori Certificate or AMI Diploma would be highly regarded or willingness to undertake some training.
- Well organised and the ability to work well in a collaborative team environment
- A curious nature and caring heart
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and initiative
- Have strong administrative skills, IT proficiency and attention to detail
- Hold a current Working with Children Check
- You will have a Child Protection Certificate (CHCPRT001) and a valid first-aid qualification, or be willing to obtain these qualifications supported by the School.
How to apply:
Application must be submitted via email and should include the following information in PDF format:
Resume which includes details of qualifications, relevant experience and the names and contact details of three referees.
Email your application to email@example.com
Applications close Friday 22 October, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.