Website Elonera Montessori School
MONTESSORI TEACHER Stage 1 (3-6) – Full Time
We are seeking a dedicated and relational person with the right characteristics and background to compliment an already outstanding teaching team. The position is a permanent full-time with a commencement in Term 1 2021.
We are looking for a person with:
- A firm commitment to the Montessori method and principles
- Montessori qualification relevant to this age group
- The ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with other educators in the classroom
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Warm and caring manner with children;
- Desire to work in a thriving and growing Montessori school environment with classes from Nido to Year 12
- Adaptable and flexible nature
- High level of motivation, professionalism and dedication
- Transparent Classroom or similar online record keeping experience
In addition, you will have
- Work rights to enable you to work in Australia
- A recognised Early Childhood Teaching degree level of qualification or similar as approved by Australian Children’s Education and Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Child protection qualification approved by NSW Regulatory Authority
- Valid Working with Children Check
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Frameworks (EYLF) and the National Quality Standards (NQF)
- First Aid Certificate and Asthma & Anaphylaxis training advantageous but can be provided
- Professional level of written and verbal communication skill
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills
How to Apply
The position is permanent full-time with a commencement in Term 1 2021 or as soon as possible in the new year.
Please provide your resume, a cover letter and contact details of two current referees and email to the Principal.
About Elonera Montessori School
Founded in 1973, Elonera Montessori School is an independent co-educational school offering high quality Montessori education for children and young people from 12 months to 18 years. Our beautiful School is situated near the picturesque coastline of Wollongong, approximately one hour south of Sydney.
This is an excellent opportunity for a passionate, talented and active Montessori Pre-Primary Teacher, to join a highly dedicated and professional teaching team in one of our Stage 1 classrooms on a full-time basis. This role requires a dedicated educator who will work collaboratively with other staff in supporting the personal and intellectual development of the children, facilitating best practice Montessori education and care.
The role of the Montessori teacher includes preparation of the indoor and outdoor environment, leading and monitoring the learning of each child, ensuring that the outcomes of the Montessori curriculum, NQF and the NESA curriculum are achieved, communicating student development to parents and working as a member of the educational team discussing and planning for individual children to ensure we achieve the best outcomes for every child.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.