Website Northside Montessori School
Northside Montessori School
Northside Montessori School is excited to announce that it will be commencing an Adolescent program from 2022. The program will grow from a Year 7 cohort in 2022 through to Years 11 and 12 with students undertaking the International Baccalaureate.
Located in Pymble, Sydney, Northside Montessori School is a well-established and highly regarded Montessori school which currently caters for students from Early Childhood to Year 6. The school follows an authentic Montessori educational approach, centred on understanding and meeting the needs of the individual child. The school instils in children a love of learning, a sense of wonder and develops each individual child’s confidence and independent learning skills.
With our Adolescent program commencing in 2022, we are looking for an enthusiastic and committed teacher of Mathematics and/or Science to be part of the Adolescent Program teaching team. Ideally a full-time role, we would consider the successful applicant starting during 2021 in preparation for the program commencing in 2022.
The successful candidate will be a committed and diligent Educator who is able to work as part of the educational community at the School. You will have the required teaching qualification, be NESA Accredited and possess experience in teaching Secondary Mathematics and/or Science from Year 7 through to Year 12. A background in Montessori Education, either Diploma or Assistant qualifications would be beneficial and highly regarded.
Key attributes for this position would include:-
• A strong desire to work with staff and students in an authentic Montessori Adolescent environment.
• A positive, creative, friendly, flexible and collaborative approach
• The ability to provide effective teaching and learning strategies whilst supporting Montessori ethos and meeting the individual needs of the students
• Experience in programming curriculum to NSW Syllabus requirements
• The ability to provide individual learning experiences and monitor, record and communicate student progress.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A willingness to undertake further Montessori studies as required.
• A dedication to student centred, authentic ‘hands on’, inquiry-based teaching and learning
• Knowledge of the Socratic method
The school is looking to commence this position prior to the start of the 2022 school year.
A valid Working with Children’s check is required for this position.
What you need to do now
Candidates will be considered based on skill set, Montessori experience and training and other relevant qualifications. If you feel that your skills and experience suit this role then please send your resume/CV and cover letter detailing your skills and previous experiences to the Principal at email@example.com.
For further information please feel free to contact the school on 9144 2835
We are looking to fill this position as soon as practical so applications will be dealt with as they are submitted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.