Website Sydney Montessori Training Centre
Fantastic opportunity in a growing not for profit organisation.
We are seeking an experienced, flexible, pragmatic and agile marketer to lead the growth of our inbound student leads and enrolments.
In this role you will develop SMTC’s new marketing strategy with our Board and Training Centre Manager and deploy and implement that strategy. You will also track and analyse the performance of our advertising campaigns and tactics, recommend adjustments, manage the marketing budget and ensure all marketing material supports our key messages and our broader organisational goals. In this role you will work closely with our Training Centre Manager and Board, as well as our trainers and wider team.
Ultimately, you will help our team build a thriving, long term and sustainable Montessori (AMI) teacher and adult training centre in Australia by growing student enrolments through a wide range of online and offline marketing channels.
• Develop SMTC’s marketing strategy and tactics across all its audiences. The strategy will include campaigns and techniques to boost awareness of SMTC and its courses to relevant audiences and to drive traffic to our website bookings and generate new student leads
• Be responsible for implementation of that strategy across all forms of media
• Experiment with a variety of marketing channels to determine what works and how we adjust our approach
• Build strategic relationships and partnerships with other organisations (and social media groups) who can assist us in supporting our student growth.
• Create an implementation plan for SMTC’s marketing strategy
• Deploy successful marketing campaigns from ideation to execution
• Manage SMTC’s Facebook and Instagram promotions
• Establish and build SMTC’s LinkedIn profile and presence
• Post regularly to SMTC’s Instagram and Facebook site regarding courses and brand
• Support SMTC’s newsletter and blog
• Develop a regular cadence for marketing actions
• Build marketing programs to support specific marketing objectives, e.g. promote SMTC’s scholarship, graduate jobs, sponsorship opportunities, alumni and other community programs.
• Ensure the SMTC website is search engine optimised
• Recommend and make design changes to the SMTC website (either making them directly if simple, or co-ordinating with IT consultants).
• Organise community building events
• Promote our brand at appropriate student or trade shows and appropriate industry-related events.
Data collection and review
• Analyse behaviour and adjust email and advertising actions and tactics accordingly, identifying weaknesses in existing marketing approaches and developing pragmatic solutions
• Collate data from regular end of course surveys
• Analyse social media, Google, Mailchimp, website and other data
• Analyse enrolment and financial data for marketing purposes
• Encourage students to provide online student reviews near the end of each course (Google, Facebook predominantly)
• Develop regular data-based marketing reporting to the Board.
Photography & video
• Obtain suitable photographs, professional in appearance, for marketing purposes including social media
• Obtain and edit video, professional in appearance, for marketing including social media.
• Use Canva or similar for quality professional design work, for SMTC social media posts and marketing.
Financial and reporting
• Manage and monitor the marketing budget on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
• Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals
• Experience in developing business cases for marketing programs at the proposal stage and make recommendations on marketing tactics.
• Commitment to Montessori education and the inspiration and drive to expand its reach
• Demonstrable experience in marketing together with the potential and an interest in learning about the nuances of our organisation
• Proven capacity in identifying target audiences and in creatively devising marketing strategies that raise the awareness of our audience and with which they engage
• Positive and friendly attitude
• Ability to collaborate and work well with a variety of stakeholders, seek and dissect a variety of ideas and contributions
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong project management skills
• Strong time management and organisational abilities
• Solid knowledge of website analytics tools
• Numerically literate, comfortable working with numbers, making sense of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
• A sense of aesthetics and a love for great copy and communication
• Competence as a creative and professional writer with an eye for well-considered emails and landing pages
• Experience in electronic marketing automation software such as CRM
• Interest and capacity to undertake an SMTC AMI Orientation Course or Introductory Workshop.
This is a part-time permanent role to suit the relevant candidate, with a minimum of 20 hours a week across at least 3 days. The role has the potential to increase over time and grow with the successful candidate.
Location: Rozelle Training Centre, but the flexibility to work from home much of the time may be negotiated.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.