Cycle 1 Early Childhood Teacher
Website The Gap Cubbyhouse Montessori
The Gap Cubbyhouse Montessori is a family owned child care centre located in the leafy green suburb of The Gap. We take on a holistic approach using our partnership with families to support the children’s learning. Our passionate team have built strong rapport with all families and children as we believe in preparing the children for life.
We have taken on the Montessori Method in 2017 and we are working towards incorporating a STEAM program into our daily programs.
As a centre, career development, professional development and training are available to all team members. We are passionate about supporting our staff in career advancement and opportunities to grow their skills.
Our team come from a range of background and bring a range of strengths and experience to the centre. They are extremely dedicated towards supporting positive relationships with children and the community.
The centre is rated as “Exceeding” in our Assessment and Rating in 2014.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Early Childhood Teacher who values partnership, collaboration and child lead learning in our second Cycle One classroom. Ideally, Montessori trained however we are willing to support the right candidate on their Montessori journey.
If you are a passionate advocate for children, the sector, and your personal development and thrive through mentoring then this is the role for you. The team you will lead is extremely hands on and experienced in supporting you on your Montessori journey.
The successful applicant will be provided with non-contact planning time each week and will have the assistance of a dedicated Director and a Montessori mentor along with a great team of passionate educators.
We are seeking an experienced Early Childhood Teacher that is able to:
- lead and mentor educators to continue to grow and maintain strong professional relationships with one another
- lead and develop the team to deliver a high-quality cycle of planning using the Montessori curriculum, Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines and Early Yeas Learning Framework for individual children in your room
- ensure that all documentation, of children’s learning, is visible and accessible to families and contains high-quality information to meet regulatory requirements
- engage in positive relationship with all families and children by focusing on individual families’ needs and children’s interests
- create a safe, friendly, loving and stimulating engaging learning environment
maintain a high level of health and safety standards at all times
Benefits and perks
For this Montessori Early Childhood Teaching position, we will offer:
- Paid programming time weekly with the option to program from offsite
- Above award salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Montessori training and development opportunities
- A paid rostered day off each month
- Great company culture that is fun, professional, and supportive of all team members
- Support and guidance from an enthusiastic Director and a motivated and passionate Cycle One Team
Skills and experience
Successful applicants should be competent in the use of technology (iPads, laptops etc) for everyday use within the centre.
The following are essential for considerations:
- Bachelor of Education (Early Chilhood) Degree (ACECQA Approved)
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Blue Card
- Understanding of the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines
- Experience in a Montessori classroom preferred.
Start Date: Negotiable
If you are interested in applying, please contact Wendy at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.