Infant Lead Educator
Website The Gap Cubbyhouse Montessori
The Gap Cubbyhouse Montessori is a privately-owned centre offering a Montessori based program and environment for children between 6 weeks to 6 years of age. Based in the luscious green suburb of The Gap, we have a rewarding opportunity for a Lead Educator in our 6 weeks to 18 months Infant Room to join our warm, friendly and supportive team.
Our Infant Team is extremely passionate about growing their knowledge and skills. If you’d like to support and mentor a team, this is the place for you.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all children in a clean and hygienic environment
- Aid and encourage the growth of each child’s independence according to the Montessori philosophy
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and adhere to the EYLF + NQF
- Be a positive role model to the children and Educators in all aspects of the room, routines and practices
- Supervise children at all times, guide and re-direct when necessary
- Support all the children in the room, and respond sensitively to their individual education, social and emotional needs, treating all children equally and respectfully
- Maintain an orderly Montessori environment in which furnishings and materials are clean, complete and appropriate to the developmental needs of the children
- Take observations and maintain up to date portfolios of each child
- Ensure all relevant training is up to date, including first aid, anaphylaxis, asthma and CPR
Minimum Qualification Required:
- Completion of Diploma in Children’s Services (or approved equivalent), or be enrolled and actively completing a Diploma in Children’s Services.
- Preference will be given to applicants with a Montessori qualification, however, eagerness and willingness to participate in studies will be strongly considered. Quality training will be provided for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate has experience and has a passion for working with this age group. In return, we will provide a positive and supportive working environment and the opportunity to contribute towards building a Montessori understanding and appreciation in the community. If you think you have the skills, ethos and passion this role requires, we would love to hear from you.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full Time
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.